A visit to New York City is incomplete without a trip to City Island, especially in summer, the nearest to a New England coastal town without having to leave the city. Ever visited this place? Take a cab or a friend’s car and drive into the old village area connected with a bridge street on the island of the Bronx. No issue parking at this place as almost every restaurant offers parking for free, and plenty of street parking is readily accessible.
If you want to enjoy your visit and make a day out, get off the island and explore their various seafood cuisine at seaside restaurants. Of course, you’re on City Island to eat. Here are the best restaurants to go to in New York City:
List of Top 7 City Island Restaurants in New York
Artie’s Steak & Seafood Restaurant
This well-known, laid-back local restaurant serves old-fashioned surf and turf cuisine accompanied by Italian touches. Artie’s restaurant serves both indoor and outdoor dining meals and takeaway orders.
- Address: 394 City Island Ave, The Bronx, NY 10464, United States
- Website: www.artiescityisland.com
- Ratings: 4.4 Star Ratings with 1,072 Google Reviews
- Hours: Sunday – Thursday: 11:30am – 10pm & Friday – Saturday: 11:30am – 11pm
- Phone: +1 718-885-9885
Sammy’s Shrimp Box
The quantity of Sammy’s Shrimp Box and the best sidewalk seating are two reasons you should go to Sammy’s. The restaurant also allows reservations for weekends, which is an important advantage for groups and impatient foodies.
- Address: 41 City Island Ave, The Bronx, NY 10464, United States
- Website: www.sammysfishbox.com
- Ratings: 4.3 Star Ratings with 8,734 Google Reviews
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday: 11 am-11 pm & Friday-Saturday: 11am-12pm
- Phone: +1 718-885-0920
Also Read: 15 Best Beaches in Florida for Families
City Island Lobster House
Lobster is a prominent feature on City Island Lobster House’s menu, with choices including lobster clam baked broiled or steamed lobsters that range starting at 1.25 pounds to 6 pounds, and BBQ Lobster Feast with whole lobster babies back ribs shrimp fried, lobster legs from the snow crab.
- Address: 691 Bridge St, The Bronx, NY 10464, United States
- Website: cilobsterhouse.com
- Ratings: 4.4 Star Ratings with 4,441 Google Reviews
- Hours: Sun-Sat: 11:30 am-11 pm
- Phone: +1 718-885-1459
A major part of The City Island’s experienced seafood market, Johnny’s Reef, at 2 City Island Avenue, has served fresh seafood for more than 60 years.
- Address: 2 City Island Ave, The Bronx, NY 10464, United States
- Website: johnnysreefrestaurant.com
- Ratings: 4.4 Star Ratings with 7,779 Google Reviews.
- Hours: Monday-Thursday: 11:30am-9:30pm
- Friday-Saturday: 11:30am-11:00pm
- Sunday: 11:30am-10pm
- Phone: +1 718-885-2086
At 205 City Island Avenue, one such restaurant is Ray’s Cafe, which serves Spanish, Puerto Rican, American and Mexican cuisine.
- Address: 205 City Island Ave, The Bronx, NY 10464, United States
- Website: www.rayscaferestaurant.com
- Ratings: 4.3 stars & 63 Google reviews
- Hours: Monday- Friday: 7 am–7 pm
- Sunday: Closed
- Saturday: 7 am–6 pm
- Phone: (347) 346-9119
Specialized in Puerto Rican cuisine, Vistamar is one of the few Latin American choices available on the City Island.
- Address: 565 City Island Ave, The Bronx, New York 10464, United States
- Website: www.vistamarcityisland.com
- Ratings: 4.2 Star Ratings with 1,251 Google Reviews
- Hours: Sun – Thu: 12 pm – 12 am
- Fri-Sat: 12 pm – 2 am
- Phone: +1 718-709-0888
The Original Crab Shanty
For those who love crab, the Banquet for Crab Love includes crab cakes with garlic crab, filled Dungeness crab softshell crab, and snow crab legs. Crab is also included in their Italian choices like Pasta del Mar or Pasta Alaska featuring the Alaskan King Crab leg chunks.
- Address: 361 City Island Ave, The Bronx, NY 10464, United States
- Website: originalcrabshanty.com
- Ratings: 4.3 Star Ratings with 3,954 Google Reviews
- Hours: Sunday-Saturday: 11 am-11 pm
- Phone: +1 718-885-1810
Ohana Japanese Hibachi Seafood & Steakhouse
The sole Japanese eatery on the island, Ohana is located at 500 City Island Avenue, and offers the hibachi experience, with a particular focus on seafood.
- Address: 500 City Island Ave, The Bronx, NY 10464, United States
- Website: ohanany.com
- Ratings: 4.3 Star Ratings with 1,293 Google Reviews.
- Hours: Sunday – Thursday: 1 pm – 11 pm
- Friday – Saturday: 1pm – 12am
- Phone: +1 718-885-0700
Archie’s Tap & Table
Archie’s Tap & Table are pleased to introduce its brand-new full bar at City Island, NY! Serving all of your favourite classic cocktails and our unique selections and made-to-order drinks this summer, whatever your cravings may be.
- Address: 536 City Island Ave, The Bronx, NY 10464, United States
- Website: archiestap.com
- Ratings: 4.6 stars & 154 Google reviews
- Phone: 7188859229
- Friday: 3 am–10 pm
- Saturday: 9 am–3 pm, 5 – 10 pm
- Sunday: 9 am–5 pm
- Monday & Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday & Thursday: 5 am–10 pm
The Black Whale
The Black Whale, one of City Island’s most well-liked restaurants, offers a selection of American bistro classics and a few Mediterranean and Latin American dishes. The restaurant, located at 279 City Island Avenue, is reminiscent of an antique store thanks to its vintage street signs, barber pole, old-fashioned seats, and lighting.
- Address: 279 City Island Ave, The Bronx, NY 10464, United States
- Website: theblackwhalefb.wixsite.com
- Ratings: 4.5 stars & 396 Google reviews
- Phone: 7188853657
- Friday: 4–9:45 pm
- Saturday: 4–9:45 pm
- Sunday: 4–8:30 pm
- Monday & Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday & Thursday: 4–9:45 pm